Thursday, October 18, 2007

TALES FROM THE CRYPT


Tales from the Crypt is an American horror anthology TV series that ran from 1989 to 1996 on HBO. It was based on the 1950's EC Comics series of the same name and was produces by the Geffen Film Company in association with Warner Bros. Television.

Each episode began with a title sequence that was a tracking shot scored by a Danny Elfman theme that led from the front door of the Cryptkeeper's home down hallways and stairways to the basement, where the show's host, the Crypt Keeper would pop out from a coffin, cackling wildly. Then the wisecracking, decomposing corpse (voiced by John Kassir), would introduce the episode with intentionally corny puns. Each episode was a single story, and many had notable celebrity guest stars such as Brad Pitt, Demi Moore, Martin Sheen and others. Many famous celebrities,such as Tom Hanks, Michael J. Fox and Arnold Schwarzenegger, also directed some episodes of the series. TALES FROM THE CRYPT

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tales from the Crypt is one of my favorite television show that was aired when I was still young and I even have a collection of Tales from the Crypt DVD, because the Creep Keeper is so funny despite of his appearance!

orezman said...

i used to watch this show....must love the host (very creeepy) :).....nice post and information bout the film....

Val Ferdinand Perez said...

Well, I like the narrator of this series it reminds me of my classmate Herilla when I was in Don Bosco.

TV shows on DVD

psyche said...

Well this series is just like Are you afraid in the Dark but more mature then...I like this series too...

Darkwell said...

This show give me the creeps but still I watch this and enjoy every episode.

dee_el07 said...

I love this one! this TV Series scared me so much when it came out! Very very creepy!

Cora said...

This series is nice to watch for children but when you are old enough to watch it you will find it boring.

harry said...

I use to watch this show on TV when i was a kid.. i can still remember the one of its episodes "Curiosity Kills"

potchie said...

definitely one of the great series..

RC said...

Who do you think is the voice behind the scary mascot host????

jamaine12 said...

The voice behind the crypt keeper is none other than John Kassir.^_^

Hot Breaking News said...

I used to always watch this show as a kid when they would have the reruns on. It used to be so scary.

Unknown said...

A true classics!


Fenster kaufen

Cute Dogs said...

Never liked horror movies nor tv series, but this one is different.. liked each episodes thanks for sharing ^_^